Projects We Invest In
Building The Community Together TM
American Opportunity Zone Fund invests in a wide verity of projects.
When we invest in a project, we look for investments that can maximize the capital gains opportunity as defined under the tax code. Typically, this is for the full 10 years. This is a distinct advantage for those who place funds with American Opportunity Zone Fund as they can fully take advantage of the three taxable gain deferral and exclusion benefits available when investing in into project in a Qualified Opportunity Zone and into a Qualified Opportunity Fund like American Opportunity Zone Fund.
Types of Projects We Invest In:
Helping Our Investors and Development Partners Build The Community Together
When we work with investors and projects, we are looking to help both groups maximize their returns and move forward as quickly as possible. When we start the investment process, developers and builders must be able to clearly demonstrate:
Project Investing Strategy
Project Ready List
- The project must be consistent with Community Goals and in an Opportunity Zone.
- The project must be to the point where planning and engineering is advanced enough that construction can begin within a very short time.
- Within a limited time (less than 30 months from funding) the project must be able to pass the “significant improvement” test.
- The project must be able to demonstrate funding and indicate what the project needs to finish the capital stack.
Project Investing approach
Diverse strategic investments in real estate projects that:
- Generate cash distributions;
- Strong prospect for increase in equity at exit;
- Experienced development and management team;
- Minimum 10-year investment;
- Consistent with community goals.
By making sure projects we invest in start with these questions answered from day one, we are able to help ensure investments American Opportunity Zone Fund make are well positioned for the type of returns our investors are seeking while at the same time helping our developers and builders move quickly to complete their project(s).
Builders and Developers:
American Opportunity Zone Fund is currently sourcing
additional projects to place investments with
as soon as possible.
If you have a project that is located in an Opportunity
Zone and you are looking for funding lets talk today.